The DITSEF project will focus on the necessary technologies that will allow an enhanced intervention characterised by the terms faster, more efficient and safer. In that respect, the solutions foreseen by the DITSEF project are the following:
- Communication: DITSEF will enhance the communication between the First Responders on the field and between the units and their HQ by providing self-organising, robust ad-hoc communications where the existing infrastructure may be compromised.
- Positioning: The provision of accurate 3D positioning in indoor environments is exceptionally difficult for current techniques. Therefore, the DITSEF project will investigate and implement novel techniques, which will take into consideration the operational environment and the end-users needs.
- Sensors: It is of vital importance that, for an operation, the First Responders are equipped with sensors that offer a reliable overview of the situation and of the potential threats (CBRN, fire, etc.), in order to provide more accurate situation awareness and enhanced decision making.
- Human Machine Interface: When implementing the aforementioned solutions, it must not be neglected that the First Responders have very little time to react. For that reason the HMI provided by DITSEF will play an important role in reading, sending and continuity of real-time information.
- These technologies will be adapted following the requirements of the various end-users that are either partners, or members of an End-Users Club, paying specific attention to creating awareness and to further take-up by end-users while being compatible and complementary to legacy.
The following graph encapsulates the DITSEF System Architecture: